Jason is a Research Assistant in the Intelligent Interactive Systems group, lead by Dr Per Ola Kristensson. Jason is interested in a wide variety of research topics including crowdsourcing, software development, ubiquitous computing, and interface design. His current work involves the investigation and application of mobile crowdsourcing.
Jason is finalising completion of his PhD studies at the University of Cambridge, as member of the Intelligent Interactive Systems research group, supervised by Dr Per Ola Kristensson and undertook the first two years of his PhD study at the University of St Andrews, as a member of the SACHI research group.
Crowdsourcing is a technique allowing data and services to be obtained from large groups of people. Jason's research focuses on the applications of crowdsourcing in an online environment with particular interest in how work can be made more enticing and workers made more efficient.
This list includes peer-reviewed publications authored by Jason.
- Jacques, J.T. and Kristensson, P.O. 2017. Design Strategies for Efficient Access to Mobile Device Users via Amazon Mechanical Turk. In Proceedings of First ACM Workshop on Mobile Crowdsensing Systems and Applications (CrowdSenSys 2017). ACM Press: 26-31.PDF Publisher
- Hirth, M., Jacques, J.T., Rodgers, P., Scekic, O. and Wybrow, M. 2017 Crowdsourcing Technology to Support Academic Research. In Archambault D., Purchase H., Hoßfeld T. (eds) Evaluation in the Crowd. Crowdsourcing and Human-Centered Experiments. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 10264. Springer: 70-95.PDF Publisher Book
- Jacques, J.T. and Kristensson, P.O. 2015. Understanding the effects of code presentation. In Proceedings of the 6th Workshop on Evaluation and Usability of Programming Languages and Tools (PLATEAU 2015). ACM Press: 27-30. PDF Publisher Poster
- Jacques, J.T., Perry, M. and Kristensson, P.O. 2015. Differentiation of online text-based advertising and the effect on users' click behavior. Computers in Human Behavior 50: 535-543. PDF Publisher Data
- Jacques, J.T. and Kristensson, P.O. 2013. Crowdsourcing a HIT: measuring workers' pre-task interactions on microtask markets. In Proceedings of the 1st AAAI Conference on Human Computation and Crowdsourcing (HCOMP 2013). AAAI Press: 86-93. PDF Publisher Website
These lists includes work done by Jason in support of teaching and education.
- CS5040 Marking student presentations on a variety of research topics.
- CS2003 Slide preparation and demonstration code for introductory classes on web development. Demo Slides (Part 1) Slides (Part 2)
These lists includes work done by Jason in support of the academic community.
- International Journal of Human Computer Studies
- MobileHCI 2017
- UIST 2017
- CHI 2016
- CHI 2015
- IUI 2015
- IUI 2013